Wednesday, December 1, 2010

laughing with leelee, a retrospective.

so I realized today that I started this blog pretty much a year ago and I was at such a totally different place in my life -- it's crazy to think that you'll be able to predict the outcome of future events. really, you cannot. last year, my life looked a little like this: unsure where I would get in to college, unsure where I would go to college, unsure where I would even end up applying to college (!), confused/crazy/upset with dan, kind of involved with someone else, feeling miserable on a daily basis (not in a depressed way, just in a shitty way), challenging myself to find myself & be comfortable with myself and convinced that nothing would work out in the end.

well. hello macaulay. hello coming to terms with college acceptances/rejections/waitlistings. hello dan. hello prom. hello self. hello happiness. hello college friends. hello new life. hello typical sarah.

things just worked out. didn't I always say that they would? and I am so grateful they did. reading back I was so unhappy with so much of what was going on and now I'm just kind of floating, existing, being. and I'm happy. granted, I still regret not getting into columbia, but whatever. I'm at macaulay. I went grocery shopping today. I went out for dinner tonight. please. I am happy.

I'm glad I started this blog to challenge myself to think about the world, others and myself. it was a good project, a good endeavor. it gave me a lot of space to think out things and gave a lot of other people a good read. all in all, well done, self.

No comments:

Post a Comment